Saturday, October 8, 2011

On Blogging

The last post is a really good example of why I don't really do this whole blogging thing. Short as that essay is, it still took almost 5 hours of a Saturday to write and I had starting planning it in my head as early as last Tuesday. The people who blog in this industry must be smarter, write better, or have less of a life than even I do. It seems that four or five months after I escape a bad situation, I feel compelled to get my thoughts out on paper as it were. Perhaps it is my way to learn from the experience or just have a catharsis. So get ready for a flurry of activity.

1 comment:

  1. I find your posts interesting and engaging. Perhaps you can post less developed ideas as sets of questions, with a goal of starting a conversation? I don't know if that's a good idea.

    I suspect the more you write, the better you'll get. I recently found that I write in my journal more often if I keep my thoughts short, even if it means sacrificing detail. I suppose blogs can inspire questions. If someone asks about something we post, maybe it's time to elaborate?

    Just thinking out loud here. Thanks for listening.

    ReplyDelete